E&OE – Errors and Omissions Excepted. If a mistake has been made in an invoice through arithmetic or incorrect charge rate application we reserve the right to correct this and ask you to pay the difference. If we have over-charged you by mistake we undertake to correct the invoice and refund you the difference.
- You must pay your course deposit of GBP£ 300 with your application form (deducted from your final balance payment).
- You must pay the balance when we request this immediately after registration has closed (1 month before the course begins).
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation, and Kingsway is therefore not registered for VAT tax.
Lessons & General
- Lessons take place from 09h00 – 15h00 Monday – Friday.
- Monday Lunch buffet takes place between 12h15 – 13h00 on Mondays. Your first Monday lunch is included in the course fees. There is no refund if you miss the lunch for any reason. If you would like to join subsequent Monday lunches you will need to pay £5.00 at the reception desk for each one.
- Social breaks take place at 10h30 and 15h00 daily.
- Courses begin on set Mondays except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- If you choose to join the Social Programme evening activities which include a pub or restaurant meal, we cannot give you any refund for Homestay meals missed.
- Publicity Materials : Please be advised that during your stay at Kingsway you may be included in photographs which may be used in publicising the school either in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school. We will assume your consent unless you tell us otherwise.
- Student Behaviour : We expect all students to obey the rules of the school, obey the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect their fellow students and the Kingsway staff, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. In the event of the failure in any of these areas we reserve the right to ask you to leave the school immediately. All fees will be forfeited and you will be liable yourself for any onward travel, accommodation and other costs.
- Unpaid Invoices : Students who have not paid, or sent a company purchase order, before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received. Chasing unpaid invoices is very expensive and time consuming. We think you would prefer that we put our energy into giving you a great experience rather than chasing money for those services. We really enjoy giving you the service you have booked and we think it is fair that paying us on time is a reasonable request in return.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2018
- Open Public Holidays 2018 : On Friday 30th March (Good Friday), Monday 7th May (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 28th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2018 : On Monday 1st January (New Year's Day), Monday 2nd April (Easter Monday) and Monday 27th August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons. We will make up the lesson hours in the afternoons of the same week.
- Closed for Christmas 2018 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 22nd December 2018 to Sunday 6th January 2019 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Monday 7th January 2019.
Cancellations / Changes / Minimum Numbers
- Tuition Fees : Before registration closes we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make payments in compensation on your behalf, as well as paying for DHL courier and similar charges.
- Tuition Fees : After registration has closed we do not refund any money unless we can sell your place to someone else. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we may offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- Minimum Numbers : We require a minimum of 5 students to run the course. If we do not achieve minimum numbers to run the course we will offer you the choice of EITHER a full refund of your course and accommodation fees that you have paid OR deferment to the next course at no cost difference either way. Our liability is limited to the amount you paid and we do not accept liability for any consequential losses of any type.
- Change of Homestay accomodation : If you want to change homestay at any time after you arrive we require 1 whole week’s notice from the following weekend (or payment instead)